Re: [Question #232820]: Some pdf's (esp. those containing large pictures) take long to load; how to expedite?

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello,

I think, I'll basically have to confirm your suspicions: The cache and
prefetch settings will improve the rendering speed itself, but rather
will reduce the need to render the same content again and again by
storing the result of the process in memory or starting the process
before its results are requested.

Hence, the only real improvement to performance is to be expected from
new software releases, e.g. newer versions of Poppler or its supporting
libraries. These will also definitely bring performance improvements
depending on what version you currently run, e.g. Poppler 0.20 will
bring performance improvements for documents with lot of image masks and
the upcoming Poppler 0.24 will make much more effective use of multiple
processors via threading.

But basically, there is nothing like choosing specific settings that
will considerably speed up qpdfview.

Best regards, Adam.

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.