Re: [Question #237845]: Latest version on wheezy

Benjamin Eltzner posted a new comment:
Hi,

first of all, I would like to underline what Adam said. If you do not
have superuser rights, you cannot install software systemwide and then
unfortunately your only option would be to compile qpdfview manually.
(Compiling is quite simple, if the necessary packages qpdfview depends
on are installed. You can read instructions in the README file.)

If your admin is open to suggestions, one possibility is to install the
version from testing or unstable via apt-pinning. As they are built
against package versions that are available in Wheezy, this should not
cause problems at the moment. This cannot, however, be taken for
granted. The "textbook" solution here would probably be for me to bring
the current version into the Wheezy backports. I have not bothered doing
so yet because of the modest user base of qpdfview.

So, is it possible for you to make suggestions to your admin? Does your
admin already use backports by default?

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.