Re: [Question #238118]: Looking for software to support a monitor from Tco'3 displays

Saul Lubkin gave more information on the question:
Some additional Information (from the back of the monitor)

The computer is an Acer, with an Acer LCD monitor
Model no: AL1917WA
Version:   AL1917WAb
Pin: ET.C17WP.A06

There's some additional information on the back of the monitor, but I don't
think that it's relevant.

  -- Saul

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Saul Lubkin <
question238118@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> New question #238118 on qpdfview:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/qpdfview/+question/238118
>
> Previously, I had obtained software to support the unusual monitor on my
> Ubuntu computer -- Someone here at Launchpad
> asked me to execute two commands, and to email the output to; I did that.
>  The person who was helping me told me to
> "sudo apt-get install <some scripts>".
> I did this; monitor performance improved a lot.
>
> However, my computer went down; I reinstalled the OS (Ubuntu 3.10).  But I
> would like to reinstall these scripts, which support my monitor much better
> than the default.
>
> (In fact, sometimes, on terminating or starting a program, the display
> shows only a purple raster; I'm forced to reboot.
> It's a problem that I'd greatly prefer not having.)
>
>   -- Saul
>
> --
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.