Re: [Question #239147]: Feature request: Bring main window to front when opening new PDF

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Ok, so do I understand you correctly, that it probably isn't a
qpdfview-specific issue and I should not try to change the code before
the underlying problem is known? (And hold back on version 0.4.7...)

Am 16.11.2013 09:18, schrieb Benjamin Eltzner:
> Hi,
>
> I now observed random occurance of similar bugs for some but not
> all other programs in Debian unstable with KDE 4.11. For qpdfview,
> the first document that is opened brings the (new) window to the
> front, the second makes it blink while the third and all following
> documents do not effect any reaction.
>
> Cheers, Benjamin
>

> On 16.11.2013 07:56, Adam Reichold wrote:
>> Question #239147 on qpdfview changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/qpdfview/+question/239147
>
>> Adam Reichold posted a new comment: Hello again,
>
>> if nobody could reproduce this outside of Debian/Ubuntu (instead
>> just nobody trying), I'd argue that it is an issue specific to
>> Debian and kin, nevertheless it needs to be resolved.
>
>> Since the window is "blinking", I suppose the activation part of
>> raising and activation works and just the raising action is
>> ineffective. Benjamin, since you can reproduce it, could try to
>> debug into the method "MainWindowAdaptor::raiseAndActivate" at
>> line 2347 of "mainwindow.cpp"? Just to make sure it is called and
>> maybe check if the order raising and activating is somehow
>> important or anything? If you find the time but need any help
>> with this, please contact me via Jabber.
>
>> Best regards, Adam.

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.