[Question #251233]: Automatically zoom to printed part

New question #251233 on qpdfview:

I use qpdfview often for reading documentation. I want to divide my screen pixels as efficiently as possible between editor, reading documentation and other windows. So I do not want to see wide margins.

I can zoom in or resize to the printed part of the page, but when I go somewhere else in the document via a bookmark, then the viewport is aligned to the left margin, and I need to reposition the document manually. Automatic zooming would make that unnecessary.

Okular seems able to do that, but I want to stay clear of KDE so I did not check it out myself. Many Windows pdf viewers can do it too, and also ebookdroid/document viewer on Android.

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.