Re: [Question #275472]: Edit source document (synctex)

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello Charles,

yes, since version 0.4.16, this function was moved into the context
menu. I am sorry that this interferes with you preferences, but this
change is currently not something that can be configured.

The reasons for doing this were problems with the previous
implementation: While it is unbeatably quick to trigger, it was very
easy to trigger accidentally - especially during panning which is the
default mouse interaction in qpdfview - which would yield confusing
error messages. On the other hand it was hard to discover since the only
way to know about it was to read the documentation or trigger it
accidentally and guess what the error messages indicates about the
actual functionality. Hence I decided to move this into the context menu
as a compromise w.r.t. both issues.

Do you think this should be configurable? Maybe another keyboard
modifier would be a better implementation than just double clicking as a
direct access method? Of course, personally I would like to leave it as
it is.

Best regards, Adam.