Re: [Question #275250]: tiff multipage view

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello zorki,

sorry not updating the question's state after you posted the images. I
have looked into this, but I found out so far is not very encouraging:
Qt does not support multi-page TIFF. It does support animated GIF so has
a mechanism to provide multiple frames within a single image container,
but this does not apply to multi-page TIFF. qpdfview's image support is
currently just a thin wrapper around Qt's image support.

So I see two options:
* Implement the necessary functions within qpdfview, e.g. using libtiff or a similar library. Personally, I don't it is worth the large amount of code and dependencies for a small project like qpdfview.
* Extend Qt's TIFF image format plug-in to use the existing multi-frame image handling methods to expose the multiple TIFF pages using the Qt API. I like this as it would immediately help all Qt-using applications, but of course creating a Qt patch will take quite a bit of effort and even then it is not clear if they want to take the extra code.

Best regards, Adam.