Re: [Question #286452]: qpdfview on mac

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello Petr,

qpdfview has never been properly ported to and tested on Mac OS X and
since I do not have access to a machine running it, I won't be able to
really help you with this...

The concrete error in question looks like it searches for its plug-in
libraries in the wrong places and you probably want to adjust the
various paths in qpdfview.pri, e.g. PLUGIN_INSTALL_PATH. You probably
also want to override the qmake variable PDF_PLUGIN_NAME which is
assumed to be "libqpdfview_pdf.so" but will probably rather look like
"libqpdfview_pdf.dylib" or something similar on Darwin.

In any case, if you run qpdfview from a terminal it should print out
some diagnostic messages about where it is looking for the plug-ins. It
usually begin in the same directory as the application binary itself and
then try again in PLUGIN_INSTALL_PATH defined above.

Best regards, Adam.