Re: Accelerate huge file opening

Hello Arnaud,

trying the document, the problem seems to be that while we do load the
interactive elements (links, annotations, form fields) asynchronously,
we do so using the main event loop. With the more than one thousand
pages of that document, this keeps the event loop rather busy which
makes the program unresponsive during that time. (Loading all pages at
the beginning still does take some time, but not that much more than the
two seconds it seems.)

Probably the next best solution would be to load the interactive
elements on separate threads, e.g. using QtConcurrent, and only insert
them using the main event loop. I'll have a look of how that works out...

Best regards, Adam.