Re: [Question #554916]: Cannot open PDF 1.7

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello again,

I had a look at the file and it indeed does not open but I see a
different failure mode:

No page 721 was found in document at "Pathria, Beale - Statistical
Mechanics.pdf"

Also pdf2ps fails on this file as Ghostscript gives up after an
unrecoverable error. So it seems like the file is broken and while
Evince and Okular are more lenient and still open it, qpdfview does not
and I am quite reluctant to allow opening of such inconsistent documents
as this would imply the need for much more consistency checking later in
the code. Not sure what to do about this at the moment...

Just as a workaround, have you tried saving a copy of the file using
Evince or Okular? Does the copy then open in qpdfview?

Best regards, Adam