Re: [Question #654901]: The need for split screen

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello Captain,

indeed we have discussed this several times and the current trunk (what
will hopefully become version 0.4.18 some day) already contains a first
implementation, i.e. you can try this out (and I would be grateful if
you did) by building from source, using the dailydebs or some other form
of VCS-based package depending on the distribution of your choice.

Note that if you might need to reset your tool bar settings or manually
add the new actions to the tab or main view context menus to able to
split horizontally/vertically or close a current view. There are
certainly a lot of quirks left since most of the code is not aware of
the fact that tabs can now contain more than one view, which is why more
end user testing would be nice...

Best regards, Adam.