[Question #656053]: one document per window mode?

New question #656053 on qpdfview:

Is there a configuration option, or a command-line switch or at least a build time option in which qpdfview would open only one document per window? Couldn't find anything of the sort in version 0.4.16.

I routinely work with several pdf e-docs open. When using evince, okular, etc., I'm switching between the respective windows with my (linux xorg) window manager, doing it 'in one move'. When opening e-docs in qpdfview, I have to do TWO moves: first switch to the qpdfview window, next select the tab.

Another corollary of opening everything in one window: text search operates on ALL e-docs opened, which might get inconvenient and time-consuming, not to mention confusing -- e.g. when one (big) e-doc is being searched, and another e-doc is in the meantime opened. The interface gets confusing then -- do the results pertain to the 1st doc only? to both?

That said, I understand the rationale for making the tabbed interface, and can imagine the scenarios where that would be useful and handy. Only it definitely might get in the way.

Also, the search results are presented better than in evince/okular/... generation of pdf viewers. Might benefit from adding page numbers.

Thanks.