Re: [Question #667871]: [feature request] multiple databases support

Adam Reichold changed the question status:
Hello TBeholder,

sorry for getting back to you so late! I am seeing several distinct features here:
- per-instance bookmarks and per-file settings as with the tabs table, so that instances as defined via --instance or --choose-instance do not share those entities (this could be done completely by extending the existing database schema)
- store relative paths in those database tables which are then resolved w.r.t. some configurable root directory to simplify roaming setups (this could be done using the existing schema by extending the configuration, but would need some compatibility work as we are currently storing absolute file paths)
- have the database file somewhere else than the default data location which should already be possible by setting the XDG_DATA_HOME environment variable so that qpdfview searches there instead of in ~/.local/share.

If I understood you correctly, I would encourage to open a wishlist bug
report for those of the above that would best support your use case.

Best regards,
Adam.