Re: [Question #678315]: Is it possible to separate history from configuration?

Description changed to:
I want to put my ~/.conf/qpdfview/qpdfview.conf file into version
control so all my settings are the same on different computers. However,
qpdfview doesn't just use this file for configuration. Several entries
in this file are related to history. For example, qpdfview saves the
list of recently opened files in this .conf file, as well as the last
open directory. This history information should be stored in a separate
file. In fact, it should probably get stored in the ~/.local/cache
directory, not ~/.config.

Maybe I should have filed this as a bug, but as it's more of a feature
request I submitted it as a question.