[Question #692410]: qpdfview not auto-focusing when openning a document

New question #692410 on qpdfview:

On Ubuntu 18.04 (not sure about other systems), if  I have an instance of qpdfview already open and then I try to open a new pdf in the same window with `--unique` the qpdfview window is not brought to front nor focused.

On the other hand, if I open the pdf with `--unique`,  a new qpdfview instance is created, focused and brought to front.

Is there a way to have the pdf instance (old or new) be always focused and brought to front?
Thanks