Re: [Question #695524]: qpdfview is blank accept for presentation mode.

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello Matt,

I have never heard of this problem before. From your description, the UI
is displayed, but the document content is not? I would suspect something
like inconsistent cache size settings. (qpdfview is relatively
configurable, but it is also configurable enough to make it unusable by
configuration.) Maybe you could try renaming your ~/.config/qpdfview and
~/.local/share/qpdfview folders to determine whether resetting all
persistent settings helps. If it does, you could either check them
manually or use the "Restore defaults" or "Restore defaults on this tab"
buttons of the settings dialog.

Best  regards,
Adam

P.S.: One thing that could trigger this might be using the MuPDF
backend? IIRC, some versions did not work with rotating pages.