Re: [Question #702845]: is qpdfview is purely viewer?

Adam Reichold proposed the following answer:
Hello again,

I tried the linked document and filling out the form fields and saving
the file does seem to work here. Since when using the dailydeb (Please
double check the Help > About dialog for version 0.4.99.), the qpdfview
code we are using is the same, I suspect that its dependencies or its
interaction with your environment are the issue.

Could you run qpdfview from a terminal and check if there any additional
log message when you try to save the file? Also since we had this
problem in the past, could you check that the file in question is
writeable for your user, e.g. owned by it with the writeable bit set?

If both checks yield nothing, I would encourage you to open a bug in the
Debian bug tracker since this should (and can in a different
environment) be working and we need to figure what in Debian's version
of qpdfview is preventing it. If you link the bug report here, I can
monitor that and make any code changes to qpdfview if they turn out to
be necessary after all.

Regards,
Adam