quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: quickly package --extras creakes a unusable deb

Al 21/05/12 08:41, En/na Didier Roche ha escrit:
> Le 20/05/2012 12:46, David Planella a écrit :
>> Al 19/05/12 21:18, En/na tony byrne ha escrit:
>>> I accidentally  came across  quickly package --extras while working on
>>> a test case and it doesn't currently make a working deb package. There
>>> are 2 defects: the bin file looks for python code under /usr instead
>>> of /opt and the glib-2 schemas need compiling. I've submitted a branch
>>> lp:~tony-badwolf/quickly/quickly-extras which solves the path problem
>>> but it still needs to compile the schemas. I use quickly instead of
>>> knowing debian packaging so I cannot complete the branch. This is the
>>> makefile I used to demonstrate a working installation.
>>>
>>> WORK=/home/tony/trunk-branch/branches/quickly_12.04_extras
>>> TEMPLATE=ubuntu-application
>>> DUT="test project"
>>> PROJECT_NAME=test-project
>>>
>>> all: version create extras extras_postinst
>>>
>>> version:
>>>     export PATH=$(WORK)/bin:$$PATH; quickly --version
>>>
>>> clean: extras_prerm
>>>     rm -rf $(PROJECT_NAME)*
>>>     sudo dpkg -r $(PROJECT_NAME)
>>>
>>> create: clean
>>>     export PATH=$(WORK)/bin:$$PATH; quickly create $(TEMPLATE) $(DUT)
>>>
>>> extras:
>>>     export PATH=$(WORK)/bin:$$PATH; cd $(PROJECT_NAME); quickly
>>> package --extras
>>>     sudo dpkg -i $(PROJECT_NAME)_0.1_all.deb
>>>
>>> extras_postinst:
>>>     sudo glib-compile-schemas
>>> /opt/extras.ubuntu.com/$(PROJECT_NAME)/share/glib-2.0/schemas
>>>
>>> extras_prerm:
>>>     sudo rm -rf
>>> /opt/extras.ubuntu.com/$(PROJECT_NAME)/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled
>>>

>>> trunk_run:
>>>     $(PROJECT_NAME)/bin/$(PROJECT_NAME)
>>>
>>> opt_run:
>>>     /opt/extras.ubuntu.com/test-project/$(PROJECT_NAME)
>>>
>> The exactly same thing happens with the 'submitubuntu' command.
>>
>> Andrew Starr-Bocchicchio made a bunch of packaging fixes to an app
>> submitted to the ARB to fix the extras.u.c build [1]. Some of these
>> fixes can perhaps be used as a reference for what the extras packaging
>> commands should do in Quickly.
>>
>> It'd be great to get that figured out, as this is a major blocker for
>> anyone sending Free Software apps through the ARB process.
>
> This is tracked as part of that blueprint:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-q-quickly
> We discussed as well that we will backport the relevant fixes to precise
> as well to ensure --extra works.
>
> Cheers,
> Didier

Thanks Didier, nice to hear that. I would have liked to go to the
session but had a conflicting one.

Also nice to learn about this page from the blueprint:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AppReviewBoard/Submissions/QuicklyTips

Cheers,
David.