quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: How does a new programmer can start with Quickly?

Al 04/07/12 20:58, En/na João Santana ha escrit:
> Hi, all.
>
> First of all, sorry for my bad, bad English.
>
> I have started to program using Quickly framework. Writing console
> applications with Quickly is being easy and useful. But when I try to
> program desktop applications, I fall stuck with Glade.
>
> I cannot understand how to use it to design windows, or how to link
> controls to code. I've googled and searched for tutorials, but what I
> found seems to have experienced programmers as target. And for now I'm
> all but no an experienced programmer.
>
> Where can I find tutorials for new programmers like me, with no
> experience with Glade?
>
> Thanks for any feedback.

Hi João,

The Ubuntu App Developer site is the place to go to get started. This
tutorial will show you exactly what you're looking for:

    http://developer.ubuntu.com/get-started/

You will also find more examples, or recipes, in the App Developer Cookbook:

http://developer.ubuntu.com/resources/app-developer-cookbook/all-recipes/

Enjoy! ;)

Cheers,
David.