quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: Fwd: Proposal: Abstract hosting service from project templates.

Hi Alistair
 This is a variation to your 2 templates proposal, by switching
templates after create. It addresses the duplicate code problem
because all the project code comes from ubuntu-application. Switching
templates like this basically swaps one set of commands for another,
i.e. release in ubuntu-application uses bzr and launchpad, release in
your template would use git and githost. Your template should contain
a command to patch the project to remove .bzr, initialise as a git
vcs, perform the one line edits you spoke of etc.
 "Inheriting" in quickly templates, using the quickly quickly command,
copies the project files and links the commands. I think want to do
the opposite, don't duplicate the project files and use a different
command set.