randgen team mailing list archive

[Blueprint perl-carp-backtraces] Use Perl Carp to provide backtraces in case of perl crashes

Blueprint changed by Bernt M Johnsen:

Whiteboard changed:
- If we use carp for warnings and croak for fatal errors (die) we will be
+ ** Moving from warn/die to carp/croak should be done gradually by all
+ developers.
+
+ f we use carp for warnings and croak for fatal errors (die) we will be
  able add stack trace with perl -MCarp=verbose (or setting
  programmatically e.g. when --debug etc: $Carp::Verbose=1)

  Also, I think croak is a good thing instead of returning a status, since it may be caught by writing
  eval {
      Code with croak/die somewhere
  }
  if ($@) {
     error handling here
  } else {
    normal handling here
  }

  Not quite Java exception handling, but better than massive handling av
  status variables in the code,

--
  Use Perl Carp to provide backtraces in case of perl crashes
  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/randgen/+spec/perl-carp-backtraces