To: <randgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 4:30 AM
Subject: [Randgen] Change of tablenames from upper to lowercase

Hi Phillip,

Due to some complexities with Windows handling upper/lowercase names
differently,
we had an internal feature request to convert all tablenames to
lowercase in RQG.

Hence we were considering the following:

  1) Modification of all grammars (.yy) to use lowercase names only.
  2) RQG default data generator to use lowercase table names only.
  3) Modification of all data generation config files (.zz) to use
     lowercase names only.
  4) Modify regexes to lowercase where needed (see for example
https://bugs.launchpad.net/randgen/+bug/792138)

Or alternatively, a "hack" which automatically converts all uppercase
names to lowercase.

What do you think? Is this feasible? Recommended?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

--
Kind regards,
God Bless,

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Roel Van de Paar | Senior QA Engineer
Mobile: +61 0400 225 827 <tel:+61%200400%20225%20827>
Oracle MySQL Server QA
Oracle Australia | NSW 2440