rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: videos from panasonic LUMIX TZ7 ?

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 5:17 AM, ergeka <ergeka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use RPD for several cameras (CANON, FUJI) and I have now a pocket TZ7
> (allways in my pocket) but RPD don't save videos from TZ7 !
> These videos are in .MTS format : is it possible to correct this ?
> (the .TDT is just an icon of the video)

Hi,

I have written to the author of hachoir to see if he is planning to support
the MTS format. Currently it doesn't support it, which means Rapid Photo
Downloader cannot extract any metadata from the actual video file.

>From the screenshot, it appears as if the videos are not stored under the
DCIM folder. Is it really like that? That is something new to me. Perhaps it
is related to some standard used by video cameras.

If you send me a tar file of the AVCHD folder and everything in it except
the video, I can see if any of the other files contain a copy of the
metadata.

Damon
--
http://www.damonlynch.net