rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: Great Program My Parents and In-Laws Need This

On 08/31/2012 06:59 AM, Marc Telesha wrote:
I have searched the mailing list archives and I didn't see any discussion on Windows.

The code for Rapid Photo Downloader is released under the GPL, which means anyone is able to port it to whatever operating system they like. Such is the beauty of free software. If you would like to port it to windows and maintain it, you are welcome to do so. It will require many, many hours of work. I myself have no plans to do it.

If you do not wish to port it, then an alternative is to run Linux in a virtual machine. Another alternative is to buy a windows program such as Downloader Pro or Photo Mechanic.

Best,
Damon

--

http://www.damonlynch.net