rednotebook-users team mailing list archive

Hashtags with description and tagcloud vaulable room

Hi everyone , I use Rednotebook daily and i'm so pleased about it !!

I love that i can place hastags in the text in the new version , the thing
is that when i want to explain more about a hashtag I have to go to the
right bar and ad a tag manually: it requires me to stop writing the main
text, press a button, type the tag name , press tab , type the description,
press ok ...

And it happend many times that I end up copying and pasting this tag
description in the text since it's related to the day's activities.

To make all this easyer i'd like to place hashtags descriptions along with
it's declarations inside the text itself. Like this :

Today i went to the city center, I met *#Joana* and we had some cofee
talking about old times*#* then i went to #work where I finally finished
the #MBGproject ....

So when i search for hashtag Joana i can see "and we had some cofee..." in
the search results instead of the  "Today I went to the city center..."

This would be posible by parsing " #[A-z]* *# "

So when a # is found after a declarated hastag [#+word] we look for the
next character, if it's an space it means that the back text is a
description, if inmediately after the # theres's a word it would mean the
past hashtag has an empty description as in #work and #MGBproject in the
example

I'd also like to point that in the tagcloud space is so valuable , it's a
pity that in the new version there's so many room occupied by "#" which
gives no information at all.

If those two changes are applied i would have a even more perfect
experience with this great software

Una abraçada desde Barcelona

Lau.

Follow ups