rednotebook-users team mailing list archive

Can you guide me while I add a "fixed width" formatting feature, and MathJax capability?

I mainly use RedNotebook for documenting my progress doing some scientific
programming, and I would like to add fixed width formatting, and MathJax
capability features.

Fixed width: if I am referring to a function name, I can write:
`my_function`, and the back-apostrophes would act as delimiters that mark
"my_function" to be formatted using fixed width formatting.

MathJax: if I provide some TeX code delimited by $ signs, (e.g. $x^2 -
y^2$), then MathJax renders this output. (https://www.mathjax.org/)

I would love to add these features to RedNotebook myself, but would greatly
appreciate some help getting familiarized with the source code: where
should I be looking in order to make such an addition?

Kind regards,
Brian

Follow ups