rednotebook team mailing list archive

Re: PowdarrMonkey's repository

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 01:27:50PM +0400, MyO wrote:
> Hi all, and Jonathan in particular!
>
> > All my time recently has been taken up with a company restructure; I
> > will try to find time to test + upload in the next day.
>
> Thanks for responding. =)

Uploaded; enjoy.

For the record, I added a patch that declares the package origin in the
log:

| INFO     Writing log to file "/home/jona/.rednotebook/rednotebook.log"
| Starting RedNotebook from the source directory
| INFO     Package origin: https://robin.powdarrmonkey.net/ubuntu
| INFO     Report bugs via Launchpad at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rednotebook

Might be nice if the packagers at GetDeb did the same, then it's easy to
tell the difference. (If I'm so inclined, I might even make it report the
packaged version some day.)

> Meanwhile guys, there are some complaints on RNB SourceForge forum.
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/rednotebook/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=175
>
> In short:
> RNB 1.1.3 crashed during back up and destroyed (or didn't save) all the
> new or recently entered data.

If that's still reproducible in 1.1.4, report a bug

> Large .xsession-errors was found afterwards.

and what did the error say?

> English RNB 1.1.4 first-run texts aren't correct in some places
> (buttons are referred to in a wrong way).

Report a bug, in the upstream component in Launchpad this time.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@xxxxxxxxxx
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51