rednotebook team mailing list archive

Re: Tags in 1.3

Hello everyone,
thanks for all the very constructive feedback on the search feature! I took them into consideration and I think that I found a system that works well for most users and use-cases. There have been numerous changes to the search system and I think it's not only better than the search in 1.3, but even better and easier than the search feature in 1.2. Here are the changes:

X Search: If a search contains a hashtag (e.g. #Work or #Movies), only days
with all of those tags will be searched. This means you can e.g. search for
  "project-xyz" only in the days tagged with "Work" with the query
  "#Work project-xyz".
X Search for combinations of tags (e.g. #magazine #linux)
X Search: If the query only contains a single hashtag (e.g. #Movies), a list of
  all subtags (the names of the movies) is shown.
X Search: Automatically scroll to found text in edit mode
X Split tag and word clouds
X Show tag cloud only if there are any tags
X Remove spaces from multi-word tags during search and in clouds
X Auto-complete tags in search
X Always include all tags regardless of their frequency in the cloud
X Exports: Correctly set the appropriate extension for each export type
X Fix: Correctly parse configuration values containing ='s
X Fix: Paths returned from file and folder choosers must be converted to unicode
X Fix: Correctly redirect error output into the logfile on Windows

I'd like to get some feedback from you. If you're on Linux, checkout the latest development code [1], run it and please report back your findings. If you're on Windows try the new beta [2]. Does it work? What should be changed?

Cheers,
Jendrik

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/rednotebook/+faq/1925
[2] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4780737/rednotebook-1.4.0-beta3.exe