relinux-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #182358]: plymouth crashes at boot time on relinux-ed iso

Question #182358 on relinux changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/relinux/+question/182358

Description changed to:
Im relinux-ed a ubuntu system and the only problem I could net yet solve is, that
If I installed a plymouth boot splash the boot process crashes on the live cd.

Why is that?

The boot log says:
chroot: can't execute 'mktemp': No such file or directory
chroot: can't execute 'debdonf-communicate': No such file or directory
chroot: can't execute '/usr/sbin/make-ssl-cert': No such file or directory
chroot: can't execute 'dpkg-divert': No such file or directory
ln: /root/usr/sbin/anacron: File exists
chroot: can't execute 'dpkg-divert': No such file or directory
chroot: can't execute 'dpkg-divert': No such file or directory
chroot: can't execute 'dpkg-divert': No such file or directory
chroot: can't execute 'dpkg-divert': No such file or directory
run-init: /sbin/init: No such file or directory
Kernel panic
tainted 3.0.0-12-generic

Usually those file do exist. I don't see a connection.

Steps before crash:
update-alternatives --config default.plymouth  <--[theme]
sudo update-initramfs -u

Im testing on a virtualbox, so the hardware is arbitrary.

Thanks for help.

relinux development team, which is an answer contact for relinux.