relinux-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #181942]: Ubiquity not working / Live CD/DVD User not added to "sudo" group?

Question #181942 on relinux changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/relinux/+question/181942

John Milton posted a new comment:
I am having a similar problem relinuxing Ubuntu 11.10. The live cd works
perfectly well, but I can't install it or run su because it asks for a
password. Unlike the problem in this bug report, my password is
obviously not set to empty. I have tried all the generic passwords I
could think of, but nothing works. Just hitting enter says fail, hitting
enter again says fail, and the third time it makes me start over.
However, when running from a live usb (possibly a cd/dvd too just
haven't tried it yet), I opened a local hard disk by clicking on the
icon in awn, a password box popped up and empty password worked. I then
tried su again without success.

I have tried all the things mentioned above and nothing works.

I should mention that I have been using remastersys for several years
but could not get the live cds to boot since Ubuntu 11.04. I will send
relinux.conf file in a few minutes.

Thank you for your time,
John

relinux development team, which is an answer contact for relinux.