relinux-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #181942]: Ubiquity not working / Live CD/DVD User not added to "sudo" group?

Question #181942 on relinux changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/relinux/+question/181942

John Milton posted a new comment:
remastersys had an entirely different and in my opinion, worse problem.
It would not boot at all...just hangs forever on the Ubuntu screen with
the dots.

I am not sure what kind of info you would like but here it goes...

Relinuxing Ubuntu 11.10
uninstalled Unity
deleted the ubuntu sessions from xsessions and gnome-session
added new session (myubuntung) to disable gnome-panel and enable avant-window-navigator and compiz as the WM
ran the command sudo /usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm-set-defaults -s myubuntng
      -side note, myubuntung is still NOT the default session when the live usb boots, though it is correct in lightdm.conf
customized awn theme for the top and side panels I created
minor application settings changes (ie. change nautilus to display list instead of icon, gedit to show line numbers)
copied .gconf .gnome2 .config .local .mozilla .icons .compiz1 .profile .xscreensaver to the /etc/skel directory
ran:
sudo relinux fullclean /home/ijmilton/relinux.conf
sudo relinux iso /home/ijmilton/relinux.conf

That's all i can think of at the moment, but if you need anything else I am happy to help you help me :-)
Thanks!!!

relinux development team, which is an answer contact for relinux.