relinux-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #181942]: Ubiquity not working / Live CD/DVD User not added to "sudo" group?

Question #181942 on relinux changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/relinux/+question/181942

John Milton posted a new comment:
Hello again...I have some new developments I thought I'd share. Not sure
if they are related.

After the iso was created, I used Startup Disk Creator to make a live
usb. I then booted it on my desktop and installed. Once installed, it
rebooted and landed me in brand new user account. The skel dir did not
copy correctly or something because nothing was right. After copying the
skel to user, chmod, logout and in, everything seems good...

I then make some changes to the desktop (very minor app settings and a
couple small app installs), installed Relinux, and pasted the exact same
relinux.conf file from the Virtualbox install I was using before. When I
loaded the resulting iso in Virtualbox, it seemed to ignore most of the
settings I put in the relinux.conf file. It seems to be inheriting them
somehow from the desktop install. On the login screen for example, in
the top left corner, it says "MUNG" which I changed and is no longer
located anywhere in the relinux.conf file. Even more strange, remember
before I was having a problem because I was using guest1 in the
relinux.conf file and it was still creating the user ubuntu? Well, now I
have liveuser in the relinux.conf file and it is creating the user
guest1.

Where is it getting this info and why isn't it using the info from the
conf file? It is using some of the info, like the work directory
location.

Thanks and sorry to bug you again. I feel like I am so close.

relinux development team, which is an answer contact for relinux.