relinux-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #199608]: Customize Appearance

Question #199608 on relinux changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/relinux/+question/199608

Joel Leclerc proposed the following answer:
I could write a whole tutorial, but I don't have time right now (once 0.4 stable is out, then I'll write one :D).
So answering the questions:
1) For GNOME backgrounds (e.g. nautilus), copy and paste this file: ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/background/%gconf.xml to /etc/skel/.gconf/desktop/gnome/background/. XFCE4 backgrounds are located here: ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml. LXDE backgrounds are a little trickier though, as there might be more than one LXDE profile, so go here: ~/.config/pcmanfm/ and copy and paste the profile directory to /etc/skel/.config/pcmanfm/
For 2 and 3, could you clarify a bit more? On 2, do you mean the spash on the livecd or on the installed system? And on 3, do you mean Usplash or Plymouth? And is it on the installed system or on the livecd?

relinux development team, which is an answer contact for relinux.