relinux-dev team mailing list archive

[Question #234498]: Installtion Crash

New question #234498 on relinux:
https://answers.launchpad.net/relinux/+question/234498

Back with another issue (arn't you getting to love me lol) so I grabbed lts 12.04 of Kubuntu as you stated relinux works on all flavors of Ubuntu, rebranded everything, customized it, set up the /etc/skel and chmoded everything was going great.

Setup a virtual disk on Virtual Box and I was amazed booted in to live cd it was working fast and flawlessly I was so excited....that is until I decided to install.

Wen't through the installation first issue when marking to install 3rd party and updates it just hangs like its thinking but for infinite time or hours in the case at least.

Restarted tried again this time not checking any options and it went to move through and continue got to the end and then when it got to configuring apt the installer crashed

Restarted same thing exactly at 3% of configuring each time on apt, also got some odd open ssl text in the begining when running post commands about key not having enough data when generating.

Here are links to an image/snapshot I took while errors where occuring hope they help in the diagnosis.
http://picpaste.com/relinux_installer_crash.png

PS. I had to switch to KDE in advanced settings as GTK would not boot at all.

PPS. Just an idea but it would be great to add a feature to be able to remove ability to run live similar to that of ability to remove installer. I would rather people have to install my fork/remaster rather than live cd it.

Relinux development, which is an answer contact for relinux.