Re: Tunnel tool ping error

Josephine,

You seem to have no chance with the ROHC library. Anyway, thank you for
testing it !

> Running the rohctunnel command generated the following output:
>
> rohc0 created, fd 3
> UDP socket created on port 5000, fd 4
> [rohc_comp.c:67 rohc_alloc_compressor()] creating compressor
> [rohc_comp.c:1302 c_piggyback_get()] add 0 byte(s) of feedback data
> [rohc_comp.c:1302 c_piggyback_get()] add 0 byte(s) of feedback data
> [rohc_comp.c:1302 c_piggyback_get()] add 0 byte(s) of feedback data
>
> with the last line being generated repeatedly until I killed the
> command. Is the repetition a valid response or an error?

It isn't a response nor an error, it is a simple debug message. It means
that the tunnel regularly flushes the ROHC feedback data towards the
tunnel peer. If it does not, the feedbacks would then be transmitted
only when data is sent through the tunnel. In the case of an
unidirectional VoIP stream going from peer A to peer B, feedbacks from
peer B to peer A would be indefinitely blocked.

> After setting up the interfaces and assigning ipv4 and ipv6 addresses
> on both machines, the ping command generated this error:
>
> :~/rohc-1.2.0$ ping 10.0.0.1
> PING 10.0.0.1 (10.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
> ping: sendmsg: No buffer space available
> ping: sendmsg: No buffer space available
> ping: sendmsg: No buffer space available
> ping: sendmsg: No buffer space available
>
> Does anyone have a solution to this?

Are there some interesting messages in the output of the rohctunnel
commands when you encounter the problem ? If not, you probably got a
problem of communication between the 2 tunnel endpoints.

What is the output of the following commands on the 2 machines on which
you run the rohctunnel commands ?
 # ip -4 addr
 # ip -4 route
 # iptables -L -vn
 # ping <IPv4 address of the other endpoint>

Didier Barvaux
Viveris Technologies