[Question #86661]: [RoHCv1.2.0] RoHC Packet Builders and Decoders

New question #86661 on rohc:

Hi All,

I find something erroneous in the way 'Generic Extension header List' field in the IR & IR-Dyn Compressed Headers is built for IPv4 Headers and RTP Headers.

Although RoHCv1.2.0 does not support List Compression at the moment for IPv4 extension headers and RTP CSRC list; in the case of IPv4 'Dynamic part' (Section 5.7.7.4 of RFC3095)  & RTP 'Dynamic part' (Section5.7.7.6 of RFC3095) the 'Generic Extension Header List' field should be packed with 1byte of 'zero' as this field is mandatory and not optional. This is inferred from the packet notation guidelines provided in (Section 5.2 of RFC3095).

Without this single byte addition I think that the IR & IR-Dyn do not conform to completely to RFC3095. Is my understanding correct.

Orville Andrade