Re: rohctunnel problem (Was: Re: ROHC)

Ramya,

> Thanks Didier. I tried capturing tcpdump on eth0 but it dint show
> complete info about the compressed packet and its size.
>
> I have tried the same way as it is been given in tunnel.c with the
> following command :
>
> ./rohctunnel rohc0 remote 192.168.1.3 local 192.168.1.4 port 5000
>
> [...]
> sendto failed: Invalid argument (22)
> write_to_udp failed
> [...]
>
> According to the program the compressed statistics has to be shown on
> one system and the decompressed statistics has to be shown on the
> other system..
>
> But I am getting only compressed statistics on the system which I
> ping..But not receiving the decompressed statisics on the other
> system.. And also when i terminate the ping application i says 100%
> packet loss.. What might be the problem.?? Could ypu please help out..

The rohctunnel application fails to send UDP packets on your network
(see the "write_to_udp failed" error message in the logs). The other
system receives nothing, that's why it prints no stats.

Maybe the local address 192.168.1.4 is not affected to the underlying
eth0 interface ? Please, post the result of the following commands
(run them as root):
  # ip -4 addr
  # ip -4 route

Regards,