No compression profile

Hi All,

I have a general question about the no compression profile (0).

How does the compressor decide on using it? should there be some kind of
indication from upper layers telling the compressor to use profile 0 to
compress the packet? or the other profiles must be deactivated on the
channel before sending the packet, so the compressor finds only profile 0 to
use?

I know that some packets that are rarely appear on the link, get sent with
profile 0 to save memory resources needed for a new context, but my question
is for normal IP packets, if i want to test rohc without doing any
compression, only CRC in IR packets and CID octet (if cid != 0) and the
optional feedback to trigger transition to bidirectional mode,...etc.

Thanks,

--
Ahmed Abdelrazek
Embedded Software Developer,