Re: [Question #126098]: ROHC Library and setup questions

Didier Barvaux proposed the following answer:
Hello,

> 1). Does the topology has to be in the same subnet like in rohctunnel
> tool is creating a 10.0.0.2 for example.

There is no such requirement. You may choose whatever IP addresses
you want. If you choose IP addresses that are not in the same subnet,
you must take care to set the corresponding IP routes on each endpoint.

> 2). Can I have a router in between the two ROHC enabled systems?.
> How will the router understand the ROHC headers if IP headers are
> being replaced?

You can have a IP router between two ROHC enabled systems if you use
the ROHC tunnel tool. This is possible because the tunnel tool uses UDP as
a link layer for the ROHC packets.