Re: IP/ESP

Hello,

> i'm working with IPsec in a mobility network, and after noticing the
> huge overhead added by it, i just wondered how could ROHC manage it. i
> noticed that there is no opensource implementation of IP/ESP profile,
> so after some theoretical calculations that showed up great savings
> in the satellite link, i'm thinking to try to implement myself that
> profile (or at least modify one existing).
>
> my question is: is somebody working on it already? and if you think it
> may be something feasible to do by myself in quite relative short
> time ? (because i have 4 weeks left for delivering the project)

There is no available IP/ESP support in the ROHC library at the moment.
Adding the IP/ESP profile to the ROHC library is not too hard because
it shares some algorithms with the profiles that are already present
in the library.

It could be achieved in 4 weeks full time if you are already familiar
with C programming and the ROHC protocol.