Re: Rohc test-bed issues

Hi Nikhil,

> > Sill waiting for a reply on this question.
>
> I'm quite sure that I did not receive your email below. The anti-spam
> mechanism might have dropped your email. Sorry for that.

With the files you sent me off-list, I found a part of the problem. The
rohctunnel app reports using the file descriptor 4 for the rohc0
interface while the fd 4 should have been used for decompression stats.

Are you sure you ran the exact following command (except for the IP
addresses)?

  # rohctunnel rohc0 remote 192.168.0.200 local 192.168.0.1 \
    port 5000 dir unidirectional \
    1>lib_output 2>tunnel_output \
    3>comp_stats 4>decomp_stats

It should have reserved fd 4 for the decomp_stats file. On my Linux
box, the rohctunnel app reports using the fd 5 and 6 for rohc0 and the
UDP socket:
  do not emulate lossy medium (default)
  force unidirectional mode
  rohc0 created, fd 5
  UDP socket created on port 5000, fd 6
  [rohc_comp.c:84 rohc_alloc_compressor()] creating compressor

On what platform did you run the rohctunnel app? Is it a Linux box?