Re: ROHC on a wireless link

Hi,

> I was wondering if someone on the list could help in my
> implementation of ROHC on a wireless point to point link.
> Layer 2 bridge is implemented between the links, what I hope to
> achieve is to add the ROHC mechanism before or at the PHY or MAC
> layer. I look forward to your response.

I don't know how to integrate the ROHC mechanisms at the PHY or MAC
layers. However the ROHC packets may be easily transmitted above the MAC
layer in replacement to the IP packets.

For example, with 802.11 wireless links, simply use the Ethertype
dedicated to ROHC [1] in the Ethernet frame, then transmit the ROHC
packet in the Ethernet payload.

Why do you want to achieve that at the PHY or MAC layers ?

[1] http://standards.ieee.org/develop/regauth/ethertype/eth.txt