[Question #173916]: How to define a Profile to compress rtp header only?

New question #173916 on rohc:

I want to define a new profile which will compress rtp(or possibly udp) only. Not Ip at all. because we do not control the subnet. so the packet should be routed with their ip header intact. even if we can compress udp and  rtp it will be very help full for ip telephony dialers in low bandwidth situations. The usage scenario is  a compressor can be distributed with the sip client application. and the de-compressor can be put inside a  media relay like rtpproxy. Is it possible to define a profile like that? i'm interested to develop it with the community. Although it does go outside of the RFC but i think a lot of voip providers who rely  on open source solutions wi will be benefited with this. Please comment on this proposal. Thanks in advance.(If going against RFC is a issue, i can make a different branch off it, and i have my buddy who is also wants to work on this)