[Question #194142]: Sending RTP across a rohctunnel

New question #194142 on rohc:

All,

First let me start by saying this is a very organized effort and the code your writing is excellent, thank you much for it.

I am interested in compressing headers for RTP traffic between two SIP servers and I thought I could do this using the rohctunnel but it seems I have no benefit.  While I see the traffic in the traces and the calls flow just fine, I see no bandwidth savings if I compare a call in the ROHC tunnel to a call outside of the tunnel.

I seem not to match the RTP profile but I am getting matched on the UDP profile but no drop in bandwidth used.

Might someone have a second to point out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks much in advance.

db