[Question #214638]: Decompressor configuration when compressor is in an independent process

New question #214638 on rohc:

Hello,

I am working in my home university in a LTE simulator which implements the radio access protocols, including PDCP, the protocol layer which can use ROHC if configured. For testing purposes, I am simulating the communication between an eNodeB and a UE and the user periodically sending pings to the Internet. On the contrary to the library examples where compression and decompression are performed by the same program, in my setup the compressor and decompresor are not running in the same process, so it is essential that the compressor in the user sends to its associated decompressor some context somehow to successfully decompress the IP packets. The 3GPP specification defines a special message for feedback exchange called interspersed ROCH feedback packet. However, this library seems to me that only the decompressor uses a feedback channel to acknoledge the compressed packets reception. Is it possible to transmit a compression context to the decompressor? And how?

Thanks in advance

BR

Carlos