Re: [Question #219566]: “How to calcualte the ip_id on decompressor side when RND bit toggles from 1 to 0”.

Sankar Malladi posted a new comment:
Hi

Code flow is now clear to me. The only part still am not able to completely understand is the following part:
For b/, if RND=0, then some bits of IP-ID offset are transmitted.
They must be used to compute the new IP-ID offset (see the
description of the W-LSB algorithm in RFC 3095). Once the new
IP-ID Offset is decoded, the new IP-ID value can be decoded from
the IP-ID offset and the decoded SN (see the description of the
Offset IP-ID algorithm in RFC 3095). The Offset IP-ID decoded at
step a/ is not used.

For some reason WLSB encoding has been really tough for me to understand
and then learn. May be am slow at understanding. But it would be much
appreciated if you can share some real example / live packet decoding
for b/ . I will be really grateful to you.

Thanks
Sankar