[Question #223442]: Interpretation of the exception, repair of CRC failure

New question #223442 on rohc:

Dear Didier, ROHC team

How should the RFC exception case “repair of CRC failure” be interpreted?

The prior answers to questions related to CRC’s mainly added to the confusion.

>From the questions/answers it looks to be related to too what extent the state transition of the decompressor state machine follows standard.

The code indicates that state transitions could/will happen upon CRC-failures, but from my quick look I could not determine whether all allowed state transitions where there.

So the basic question is probably, upon CRC-failures which causes the decompressor state machine to move from full context state, is it always required that an IR-message is received to come back to the full context state, or would UOR-2/IR-dyn messages be enough  (in Static Context state)?

Best regards,
Elisabeth