tun2udp

In iprohc reference, it creates a tunnel and a udp socket, if  the virtual
interface get a packet, first it will compress the packet to a rohc
packet,then tunnel the rohc packet to the udp socket,at last use "sendto"
to send the rohc packet. but I have some confusions about it.

First, the packet is a IP/UDP/RTP packet, so where is the origion packet
from?

Second, after compress, the  IP/UDP/RTP packet is transformed to a rohc
packet,but when transport is UDP,using the "sendto" function, it adds the
IP and UDP header again.If this is not efficient?

I'm not sure I understand correctly, need some help.
Thanks.

Follow ups