Re: [Question #241545]: about the feedback packet

Didier Barvaux posted a new comment:
Hello,

>   I want to know when node B is not compression packet to
> piggyback the feedback to node A, how to resolve the question?
> Using the rohc_feedback_flush ? how and where to use the
> rohc_feedback_flush function appropriate ?

Yes, the rohc_feedback_flush() function is appropriate. Call it whenever
you want to send some feedback: if you want high responsiveness, call it
after every packet decompression ; if you want to optimize bandwith,
call it every N packets or T seconds. You have to perform a compromise
between responsiveness (for degraded cases such as
compressor/decompressor desynchronization) and efficiency (for nominal
cases).

> another question: can rohc library run in the vxworks? or modify
> the code to run?

I don't know vxworks very well, but according to wikipedia vxworks
conforms to "POSIX in user-mode execution environment", so the library
itself should work in that mode (maybe some of the tools or applications
won't). It already works fine on Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Windows. On
the hardware side, x86/x86_64, ARM, PowerPC, and Sparc architectures are
supported. If you encounter any problem, report it. I'll do my best to
help you.