[Question #245813]: Size of compressed packets in ROHC tunnel

New question #245813 on rohc:

Hi Didier,

I'm working on some experiments with the ROHC library and i'm little confused about the utilization of ROHC tunnel.
I tried to send some icmp (ping) packets from host A to host B, using ROHC tunnel. The pings worked fine and I get the responses but looking for my captures in wireshark on my switch (between hosts A and B),  I noticed that the ROHC frames were bigger than the originals icmp packets. I think that's because ROHC tunnel uses a UDP encapsulation, isn't it?
Only for information, the originals icmp packets have 98 bytes lenght and the packets in ROHC tunnel have 109 bytes (the majority malformed packets).

Doing a similiar experiment with voip  packets (udp/rtp) in a ROHC tunnel. Will I see bigger packets too?

Thanks in advance!

Edvar